Friday, May 12, 2017

A New Beginning

Well here I am. Last night was the kick off for the CRIM training program and I made the plunge. In college, I lived in downtown Flint and experienced the CRIM first hand. I also at that time, walked a couple 5ks for fun. Then a couple years ago, I volunteered for my first CRIM through the company that I work for. I found the atmosphere so welcoming to new and old walkers and really enjoyed it. I told myself that I was going to do the CRIM.

And then I didn't.

I had heard of the training program before and thought 'that would be something that I would like' but every time I remembered about it, the program had already started for the summer. I had thought about the CRIM too but I just never took the initiative to do it.

Well not this year. 2017 is a year of change for me. Last year we had bought our house and I got married. This year, my husband and I started thinking about the future. We want to start a family. But there are some obstacles ahead in order for us to even get there. One of the main ones is my health. I'll admit, I am very overweight and on several medications to manage the effects that my weight has had. I know that in order to have a healthier pregnancy, the weight needs to come off. I finally found the motivation in myself to do it.

So not only did I join weight watchers several weeks ago, I got a reminder from my health plan that the CRIM program was coming and better yet- they gave me a discount. I took that first step to sign up.

So last night, sitting in that gym with hundreds of people, I was enthralled. You worry whenever you are starting new that these people will judge you but not one person looked down on me. No matter what size I was, I was congratulated and welcomed and motivated to do my best. I met my group of really awesome people that I will get to know better over the coming months as we go through this journey together. Our group was asked to journal this journey we are on so here I am! I hope by the end of this journey to be a healthier Amelia who has made it a habit to be more fit.

More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bit of Catch Up!

It has been a few weeks since I last posted- sorry about that! Summer time is always a busy time and well, I have been busy. Temperatures ha...