Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Week 1: Holy Heat Batman!

I know I'm a bit late logging this walk but last week on 5/16, I completed my first walk with our group and MAN was it hot! Mother Nature gave us very summer-like weather in the middle of Spring. Our group met at Genesys and after going around to introduce ourselves and a few laughs, we were off!

Now I will admit, most of my walks have been on pretty flat surfaces, so that inclusion of some hills were a little rough. I also found myself near the front of the pack so I ended up circling back a few times (this just added to my walk though).

I love this group though seriously. They are so positive and inspiring and I am so excited for more! We are a mixed group so there is a chance that I may end up training for the 8k instead and completing that. This group of individuals made me think that I can and I am so motivated because of it! I am so glad I found this program.

The after pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bit of Catch Up!

It has been a few weeks since I last posted- sorry about that! Summer time is always a busy time and well, I have been busy. Temperatures ha...