Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Week 2 and 3: Mott's Beauty

Oops, I forgot to report in last week, probably due to the Memorial Day holiday weekend that I was looking so forward to.

On week 2, our group met at the Ballenger Fieldhouse for what was supposed to be a nice short 1 to 1 1/2 mile walk. We continued across Court Street into the beautiful homes that the neighborhood had to offer and we just kept going. While enjoying the perfect weather and the beautiful architecture, we found ourselves splitting up at times and having to do some double backs. Of course, I didn't mind having to circle back as it allowed me to get more steps (and miles) in!

By the time we decided to go back to the beginning. we had a nice long walk under our belts. We get back to the fieldhouse and found that we had walked 2.4 miles. Look at us- overachievers.

Throughout this process, I am also working on a healthy diet and some weight loss and I have finally hit my stride. By the beginning of week 3, I was 16 pounds lighter than I was on April 18th! This was all very exciting to me!

For week three, we also met at Mott and took a nice 2 mile walk up through the cultural center. It was another perfect weather day- man have we lucked out! There were lots of walk and run groups out and training that we went by throughout the night and the cheers and motivation we shared between groups is inspiring. I am loving all the support I am getting so far for this and that this has been a positive experience overall. This trail had some hills on it which were a bit tough- I am going to have to start getting some training on hills.

At the end of our walk, we met back and enjoyed some popsicles and talked about upcoming races and activities! My friend Sally and I decided that we are going to move up into the 8k! As this will be my first 8k, I am super excited and motivated for this goal!
This is our group before our walk on week 2. You can see me on the left hand side (second one in with the bandana) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bit of Catch Up!

It has been a few weeks since I last posted- sorry about that! Summer time is always a busy time and well, I have been busy. Temperatures ha...