Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Bit of Catch Up!

It has been a few weeks since I last posted- sorry about that! Summer time is always a busy time and well, I have been busy. Temperatures have been warming up here in Michigan but the walks are still going strong. We have met in some places that I have never been. One of them was the Flushing Bike Trail in June. I have never been to this trail but our group took a nice 3 mile walk through the woods, over the river and around the park. I really enjoyed that trail.

I have also completed  two 5K races since I last got on here. On June 29th, I participated in the Scoop De Loop. This race, starting at the Flint YMCA and winding through the cultural center was a bit tough for me, mostly because the humidity was very high. BUT, I did finish and I also placed and got myself a plaque to hang on my wall.
Winner Winner!

The next week, I went and walked the Volkslaufe. This race, other known as "The People's Race" was held in Frankenmuth on July 4th. I did this one with my friend Sally and we really enjoyed the race. It was a nice walk through Frankenmuth. There were little dance and music acts all along the race and the weather was perfect! We also enjoyed the pancake breakfast in the morning and our husbands came to cheer us on!
Right before the race started.


A little update on everything else- I haven't missed a week of training and don't plan to. I live for Tuesday nights because I know that I get to go walking with my group. I am seriously going to miss them once the fall comes around and I will totally sign up for the program again next year! I am also officially at 30 pounds of weightloss. I feel better. I look better. I even had a coworker as if I was shrinking and mentioned that I was looking good. Eating healthier has also given me a glow that has been commented on. Before you ask, I am not pregnant! We are hoping to start trying in another year or so :)

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bit of Catch Up!

It has been a few weeks since I last posted- sorry about that! Summer time is always a busy time and well, I have been busy. Temperatures ha...